03/31/2021: Lab Advisory: FDA Publishes New Web Page on Impact of SARS-CoV-2 Viral Mutations on COVID-19 Molecular Tests
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Advisory
On March 30, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) posted a new Web pageexternal icon for clinical laboratory staff and health care providers about the impact of viral mutations on COVID-19 molecular tests. The FDA will update this page as significant new information becomes available.
The Web page includes:
- Background and considerations for SARS-CoV-2 viral mutations
- General information for clinical laboratory staff and health care providers
- Specific molecular tests impacted by viral mutations and recommendations for those tests
Please share this message with your networks and invite them to opt in to LOCS to receive future updates.
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.