11/17/2021: Lab Advisory: FDA Updates COVID-19 Testing Policies
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Advisory
On November 15, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a news release about actions the agency is taking to support ongoing COVID-19 testing efforts across the country. These actions will help ensure the accuracy and reliability of COVID-19 tests, including Laboratory Developed Tests. Updated FDA policies aim to increase access to self-tests and point-of-care tests that do not have to be sent to a central laboratory.
View the FDA news release for more information.
Please share this message with your networks and invite them to opt in to LOCS to receive future updates.
- Testing for COVID-19
- Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Point-of-Care and Rapid Testing
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.