10/21/2021: Lab Alert: CDC Updates LOINC In Vitro Diagnostic (LIVD) Test Code Mapping Tool for SARS-CoV-2 Tests to Include SNOMED-CT Saliva Terms
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Alert
CDC recently updated its LOINC In Vitro Diagnostic (LIVD) Test Code Mapping Tool for SARS-CoV-2 Tests. The SNOMED-CT for multiple saliva terms listed in Vendor Specimen Description have changed based on input from SNOMED International. Users should select oral saliva “(258560004^Oral saliva sample^SCT)” to identify the specimen if it is from oral saliva. Previous mappings erroneously identified the specimen type as being obtained directly from the salivary gland “(119342007^Saliva specimen^SCT)”.
All changes are listed in the Release Notes tab of mapping tool on the LOINC In Vitro Diagnostic (LIVD) Test Code Mapping for SARS-CoV-2 Tests.
Please share this message with your networks and invite them to opt in to LOCS to receive future updates.
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.