04/09/2021: Lab Advisory: New Guidance for Reporting SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing Results
Audience: Laboratories and facilities performing sequencing for SARS-CoV-2
Level: Lab Advisory: New Guidance for Reporting SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing Results
On Friday, April 9, 2021, CDC published a new Guidance for Reporting SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing Results Web page. Understanding the genetic diversity, spread, and evolution of SARS-CoV-2 variants empowers public health officials to better understand and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. CDC recommends that if laboratories and facilities sequence SARS-CoV-2 positive specimens, they can electronically report these data to state, local, tribal, or territorial public health departments. Laboratories should also check with health departments for reporting requirements.
Click here to opt in to receive updates from the CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS).
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.