03/31/2021: Lab Update: Upcoming CLIAC Meeting, April 14–15, 2021
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing; Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Update
The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Advisory Committee (CLIAC) meets on April 14–15, 2021. The theme of the meeting extends that of last fall’s meeting, Clinical Laboratory Medicine in the Age of COVID-19.
In addition to agency updates from CDC, CMS, and FDA, the agenda will focus on issues relevant to preparedness and response, including presentations and discussions on
- Clinical laboratory perspectives on laboratory-developed tests
- Application of CLIA regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Expansion of point-of-care and at-home collection and testing
No registration is required for this meeting, which will be held using Zoom video conferencing. Find more information on the Upcoming Meeting page of the CLIAC website.
To join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device:
To join by phone:
Dial (US): +1 669 254 5252 or +1 646 828 7666
Webinar ID: 160 448 7209
International numbers available: https://cdc.zoomgov.com/u/aHRvT8ei
Please share this message with your networks and invite them to opt in to LOCS to receive future updates.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Advisory Committee (CLIAC)
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.