08/16/2020: Lab Update: FDA Updates FAQs about Testing for SARS-CoV-2
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: Lab Update: FDA Updates FAQs about Testing for SARS-CoV-2
Level: Laboratory Update
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently updated the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about testing for SARS-CoV-2 to include information about screening asymptomatic individuals for COVID-19:
- There is an updated answer to a question about commercial test kit manufacturers and clinical laboratories offering SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic tests to screen asymptomatic individuals for COVID-19.
- There is a new question and answer about recommendations for healthcare providers who are using SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic tests to screen asymptomatic patients for COVID-19.
To view these updates, visit the FAQs pageexternal icon under the “General FAQs” heading.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus for Laboratories
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up.
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)