08/29/2020: Laboratory Update: CMS Publishes New CLIA FAQs
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: Laboratory Update: CMS Publishes New CLIA FAQs
Level: Laboratory Update
The U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently published two new frequently asked questions (FAQs) – one about university surveillance and one about point-of-care antigen testing for asymptomatic individuals.
To view the new FAQs, visit the CMS Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) pageexternal icon and look in the “Downloads” section.
Online CDC resources:
- Interim Guidance for Rapid Antigen Testing for SARS-Cov-2
- Considerations for Use of SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Testing in Nursing Homes
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus for Laboratories
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up.
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)