09/03/2020: Lab Advisory: CMS Issues New Surveyor Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Laboratory Test Result Reporting
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: Laboratory Advisory: CMS Issues New Surveyor Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Laboratory Test Result Reporting
Level: Laboratory Advisory
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released new surveyor guidanceexternal icon for SARS-CoV-2 Laboratory Test Result Reporting for CLIA-certified laboratories. This new surveyor guidance complements the Interim Final Ruleexternal icon that was published for comment in the Federal Register. After September 23, 2020, laboratories that do not comply with the result reporting requirements in the Interim Final Rule will be subject to a civil monetary penalty. The deadline for public comments on the Interim Final Rule is November 2, 2020.
The CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS) sent out a Laboratory Alert about the Interim Final Rule when it was originally issued by CMS on August 25, 2020 – click here for more detailed information.
- How to Report COVID-19 Laboratory Data
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)