Infographic: Suspicious Packages
If you receive a suspicious letter or package what should you do?
- Handle with care. Don’t shake or bump.
- Isolate and look for indicators
- No return address.
- Restrictive markings
- Possibly mailed from a foreign country
- Excessive postage
- Misspelled words
- Addressed to title only or incorrect title
- Wrong title with name
- Badly typed or written
- Protruding wires
- Rigid or bulky
- Strange odor
- Oily stains, discolorations, or crystallization on wrapper
- Excessive tape or string
- Don’t open, smell, or taste
- Treat it as suspect! Call 911.
Page last reviewed: October 2, 2020, 02:30 PM
Content source: Center for Preparedness and Response