Board of Scientific Counselors
The Center for Preparedness Response Board of Scientific Counselors (BSC) is an advisory committee chartered under the Federal Advisory Committee Actexternal icon. This advisory group comes together to provide advice and guidance about the public health preparedness and response activities conducted by CDC and CPR. The BSC is charged with:
- Advising the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Assistant Secretary for Health, the CDC Director, and the CPR Director concerning strategies and goals for preparedness programs and research
- Conducting peer-review of scientific programs
- Performing secondary reviews of research proposals
- Monitoring CPR’s overall strategic direction and focus
The BSC is managed by the Office of Science and Public Health Practice. The CPR Board of Scientific Counselors holds in-person meetings at the CDC in Atlanta twice a year and at least one web based meetings throughout the year.
- April 24-25, 2019 – In-Person meeting