How do I Register as a Small Business?
To qualify for an award of a small business contract, you must first be registered as a small business.The following steps are required to certify your business as small and obtain the registration necessary to bid on government proposals:
- Obtain a unique Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S) NumberExternal
- Register your business with the System of Award Management (SAM)External by completing the required solicitation clauses and certification
- Find the NAICS code(sExternal) for your business
- Obtain Past Performance evaluationsExternal (only required to get on the GSA Schedules)
For additional information and a detailed explanation of the small business registration process, please visit the SBA Government ContractingExternal website. Once your business is registered as small based on size standards, you are eligible for SBA financial assistance and other programs, including federal government procurement programs that support small business.
- Your NAICS codes
- Your Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS)
- Your Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN or EIN)
- Your Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes
- Your Product Service codes (optional but useful)
- Your Federal Supply Classification codes (optional but useful)