About the Center
CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) is at the forefront of the nation’s efforts to prevent and control chronic diseases. Guided by its mission, vision, and goals, the center’s 10 programs carry out its work in the four domains of CDC’s chronic disease prevention system.
To help people and communities prevent chronic diseases and promote health and wellness for all.
Healthy people in healthy communities.
We commit to
- Be a diligent steward of the funds entrusted to us.
- Provide an environment for intellectual and personal growth and integrity.
- Base all public health decisions on the highest quality scientific data, openly and objectively derived.
- Place the benefits to society above the benefits to the institution.
- Treat all people with dignity, honesty, and respect.
- Page last reviewed: July 3, 2017
- Page last updated: July 3, 2017
- Content source: