Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV). It can cause an itchy, blister-like rash. The rash appears first on the chest, back, and face, and then spreads over the entire body.
A fact sheet for parents that describes symptoms of infection as well as benefits and risks of vaccination.
Signs and symptoms, complications, transmission, prevention and treatment, and photos
Information about chickenpox vaccine, who should be vaccinated, vaccination options, and vaccine safety
Information about clinical features, complications, and assessing immunity to varicella
Guidelines for collecting and shipping specimens to CDC lab and interpretation of laboratory tests
- Información sobre la varicella (About Chickenpox)
- Signos y síntomas (Signs and Symptoms)
- Complicaciones (Complications)
- Transmisión (Transmission)
- Prevención y tratamiento (Prevention and Treatment)
- Vacunación (Vaccination)
- Hoja informativa sobre la vacuna contra la varicela (Chickenpox Vaccine Information Statement)
In English | Other languagesexternal icon
- Vacunas e inmunización