State and Local Public Health Partnerships to Address Dementia, The 2018- 2023 Road Map
The Healthy Brain Initiative’s (HBI) State and Local Public Health Partnerships to Address Dementia, The 2018-2023 Road Map [PDF – 337 KB] charts a course for state and local public health agencies and their partners. The Road Map prepares all communities to act quickly and strategically by stimulating changes in policies, systems, and environments. Alignment of HBI Road Map actions with Essential Services of Public Health ensures that initiatives to address Alzheimer’s can be incorporated easily and efficiently into existing public health initiatives.
The four traditional domains of public health action items:
- Monitor and Evaluate
- Educate and Empower the Nation
- Develop Policies and Mobilize Partnerships
- Assure a Competent Workforce.
Public health agencies and private, non-profit, and governmental partners at the national, state, and local levels are encouraged to work together on the actions to make Alzheimer’s the next public health success story.
October 2018 is the scheduled release date for the third in this series, complete HBI Road Map for 2018-2013.
Conceptual Framework for the Healthy Brain Initiative Road Map
State and Local Public Health Partnerships to Address Dementia: The 2018-2023 Road Map is informed by four Essential Services of Public Health—assure a competent workforce, monitor and evaluate, develop policies and mobilize partnerships, and educate and empower the nation. Action within each of these four domains is guided by three core principles to best ensure health equity, collaboration across multiple sectors, and the need to leverage resources for sustained impact.
Related Road Map Materials
- The Healthy Brain Initiative Interim Report 2013-2018 Dissemination Guide [PDF-1.5M] can assist you with the promotion of the report.
- The Healthy Brain Initiative: Interim Progress Report 2013-2018 [PDF – 2 MB]
- The Healthy Brain Initiative: The Public Health Road Map for State and National Partnerships, 2013–2018 [PDF – 2 MB]
- The CDC Healthy Brain Initiative Progress 2006-2011 [PDF–1.5 M] report documents CDC’s Healthy Brain Initiative’s accomplishments stemming from the first document in the road map series, The Healthy Brain Initiative: A National Public Health Road Map to Maintaining Cognitive Health [PDF–2.6M]. The Progress Report focuses on priorities relevant to CDC’s public health mission in four areas: conducting surveillance, supporting policy change, advancing communication, and guiding applied prevention research.
Action Items for Public Health Professionals
- Addressing Emergency Preparedness Needs of Individuals Living with Cognitive Impairment and Their Care Partners: Role of the Public Health and Aging Services Networks [PDF-165K]
- Addressing Financial Exploitation Among People Living with Cognitive Impairment and Their Caregivers: Role of the Public Health and Aging Services Networks [PDF-108K]
- Addressing Stigma Associated with Alzheimer’s Disease And Other Dementias: Role of the Public Health and Aging Services Networks [PDF-153K]
- Page last reviewed: August 15, 2018
- Page last updated: August 15, 2018
- Content source: