The NCHHSTP Atlas
The NCHHSTP Atlas is an innovative and interactive, online data tool that lets you use and analyze the most recent CDC surveillance data on HIV, hepatitis, STDs, and tuberculosis. The Atlas also gives you the power to build custom maps, figures, and tables that you can use for planning, reports, presentation, and advocacy. Newly updated, the Atlas has added an Advanced Query function, along with other features. We invite you to check it out!
The Atlas is the one-stop shop for CDC's most recent surveillance data on HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB. The Atlas gives you access to more than 10 years of the most essential CDC data for these diseases at the national, state, and county levels, and by populations. You can use the Atlas to see disease trends over time and the burden of these diseases in various communities. The Atlas has a Basic Query function and a new first version of an Advanced Query function. With the Basic Query, you can easily make maps of disease rates by year, geographic area, and population. The Advanced Query lets you create tables from the data and provides you with more flexibility when analyzing disease rates over time and across different areas and populations.
The Atlas gives you the power to explore a range of questions from the data and compare results. Newly updated, the Atlas has added several helpful features.
- New First Version of Advanced Query
You can now compare two or more diseases, look at data for multiple states or counties, see two or more years of data at the same time, and drill down into the data for important subpopulations.
- New Detailed Data
You can access county-level and origin of birth data for TB and 2013 data for HIV, STDs, TB, and viral hepatitis.
- New Export/Print Function
You have flexible options to export and print graphics and data from the "comparison window" – where you can compare county, state, and national data.
The Atlas website contains several other useful resources:
- A web cast with instructions on how to use the Basic Query
- Buttons to add to your website or blog, linking directly to the Atlas
- Downloadable presentation-ready slides on disease data and social determinants of health
- Recent State Health Profiles containing summary data for each state and the District of Columbia
The Atlas gives community leaders, public health professionals, policymakers, health care providers, and students a tool to more clearly see and understand trends of HIV, STD, TB, and viral hepatitis, which often share common social determinants and affect similar populations. It gives users the data they need, when they need it, and in formats that are attractive and easy to understand.
CDC is committed to improving and expanding the Atlas. Visit the NCHHSTP Atlas website to find out what's new and information on how to use the Atlas to meet your data needs.
- Page last reviewed: October 6, 2015
- Page last updated: October 6, 2015
- Content source:
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs