Worker Productivity Measures
Many employers are unaware of the linkages between health and productivity. While employers understand that investing in human capital improves the company bottom line, they are only beginning to understand the impact health has on worker productivity.
- Workplace health programs that improve employee health by reducing, preventing or controlling diseases can affect worker productivity
- Improvements in physical, mental, and emotional health enhance stamina, concentration, and focus leading to greater work output
- The cost savings of providing a workplace health program can be measured against:
- Absenteeism among employees due to illness or injury
- Reduced overtime to cover absent employees
- Costs to train replacement employees
Selecting any of the health topics below provides potential evaluation measures at program baseline, process measures during the program, and program outcome measures related to worker productivity.
Health topics addressed