Recommendations and Guidance
CDC Health Scorecard [PDF – 1MB]
Developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Health Scorecard is a tool designed to help employers assess the extent to which they have implemented evidence-based health promotion interventions or strategies in their worksites to prevent heart disease, stroke, and related conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and obesity.”
A coordinated approach to workplace health promotion results in a organized and comprehensive set of programs, policies, benefits, and environmental supports designed to meet the health and safety needs of all employees. This toolkit involves a stepwise process that includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of workplace health activities.
- NEW! - CDC’s new tool kit, Steps to Wellness: A Guide to Implementing the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans in the Workplace provides employers with easy and understandable steps on how to get employees moving. This tool kit includes ideas and suggestions on how employers can create a wellness culture in the workplace by introducing physical activity programs.
- CDC Workplace Health Resources Quick List [PDF - 346KB]
This document provides a quick reference list to many workplace health resources found in on this site that have been developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by partners in collaboration with CDC.
- The Health Project (THP) is a public-private non-profit organization which seeks to evaluate and promote effective health promotion and disease prevention programs. THP awards the C. Everett Koop National Health Awards to worksite, community, or provider programs annually as part of the HERO Forum
- Improving Population Health: The Business Community Imperative
— Preventing Chronic Disease
- Leading by Example: The Value of Worksite Health Promotion to Small- and Medium-sized Employers
— Partnership for Prevention
- Division of Population Health/Workplace Health Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-45
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO