CE13-1303 - Implementation of Essentials for Childhood: Safe, Stable, Nurturing Relationships and Environments
Initial Fiscal Year: 2013
FOA Number: CE13-1303 - Implementation of Essentials for Childhood: Safe, Stable, Nurturing Relationships and Environments
Purpose and Description
The purpose of this funding is to support sustainable, multi-sectorial collective impact efforts that promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments. Specifically, state health departments will be funded to 1) coordinate and manage existing and new partnerships with other child maltreatment prevention organizations and non-traditional partners to promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments for children; 2) work with partners to identify strategies across sectors that promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments; 3) identify, coordinate, monitor and report on the strategies implemented by multi-sector partners; 4) coordinate improvement processes (e.g., continuous quality improvement) for multi-sector partners to refine strategies that support safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments; and 5) establish state-level impact of these efforts.
The primary outcomes of interest include:
- Increased number of strategic collaborations between the state-health department and state-level traditional and non-traditional partners;
- Increased number of activities that: a) raise awareness and commitment to promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments and prevent child maltreatment, b) use data to inform actions, c) create the context for healthy children and families through norms change, programs, and policies;
- Objectively measured changes in awareness, commitment, norms, programs, and policies; and
- Identification of promising practices and lessons learned on Essentials for Childhood: Steps to Create Safe, Stable, and Nurturing Relationships content, implementation strategies and measurement approaches.
Eligibility is limited to state health departments or their bona fide agents. This is a five year cooperative agreement.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
New Hours of Operation:
- Contact CDC-INFO