2002 Scientific Articles
2002 Immunization Safety Branch Publications:
2002 Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Black S, Lewis E, Shinefield H, Fireman B, Ray P, DeStefano F, Chen R. Lack of association between receipt of conjugate Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine (HBOC) in infancy and risk of type 1 (juvenile onset) diabetes: long term follow up of the HBOC efficacy trial cohort. Pediatr Infect Dis J; 2002;21:568-9.
- Bonhoeffer J, Kohl K, Chen R, Duclos P, Heijbel H, Heininger U, Jefferson T, Loupi E and The Brighton Collaboration. The Brighton Collaboration: Addressing the Need for Standardized Case Definitions of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI). Vaccine 2002;21:298:302.
- Chang EJ, Zangwill KM, Lee H, Ward JI. Lack of association between rotavirus infection and intussusception: implications for use of attenuated rotavirus vaccines. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2002; 21:97-102
- DeStefano F, Gu D, Kramarz P, Truman BI, Iademarco BF, Mullooly JP, Jackson LA, Davis RL, Black SB, Shinefield HR, Marcy SM, Ward JI, Chen RT. Childhood Vaccinations and Risk of Asthma. Ped Infect Dis J 2002;21:498-504.
- Ekwueme DU, Weniger BG, Chen RT. Model-based estimates of the risks of disease transmission and economic costs of seven injection devices in sub-Saharan Africa. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2002;80:859-870,A-E.
- Gonzalez IM, Averhoff FM, Massoudi MS, et al. Hepatitis B Vaccination Among Adolescents in 3 Large Health Maintenance Organizations. Pediatrics 2002. 110(5):929-34
- Iskander JK, Dayan G, English-Bullard R, Fullerton K, Glasser J, Chen RT, Wise RP, Bechtel C. Use of VAERS reports to estimate percentage of remaining thimerosal- containing vaccine (poster). 18th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology, Edinburgh, August 18-21, 2002.
- Jackson LA, Yu O, Heckbert SR, Psaty BM, Malais D, Barlow WE, Thompson WW, and the Vaccine Safety Datalink Study Group. Influenza vaccination is not associated with a reduction in the risk of recurrent coronary events. Am J Epidemiol 2002;156:634–640
- Kohl K, Bonhoeffer J, Chen R, Duclos P, Heijbel H, Heininger U, Loupi E and The Brighton Collaboration. The Brighton Collaboration: Enhancing comparability of vaccine safety data. Pharmacoepidemiol and Drug Safety 2003;12:335-40.
- Lathrop S, Ball R, Haber P, Mootrey G, Braun M, Shadomy S, Chen R, Hayes E, and the VAERS Working Group. Adverse Event Reports Following Vaccination for Lyme Disease: December 1998-July 2000; Vaccine 2002;20:1603-8.
- Mullooly, J, Pearson J, Drew L, et al. Wheezing lower respiratory disease and vaccination of full-term infants. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2002; 11:21- 30.
- Pool V, Braun MM, Kelso JM, Mootrey G, Chen RT, Yunginger JW, Jacobson RM, Gargiullo PM, and the VAERS team. Prevalence of anti-gelatin IgE antibodies in persons with anaphylaxis following measles-mumps-rubella vaccine in the U.S. Pediatrics 2002; 110(6):e71.
- Pless R. Hibbs B. Chiropractic students attitudes about vaccination: a cause for concern? CMAJ Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2002 Jun 11. 166(12):1544-5.
- Setia S, Mainzer H, Washington ML, Coil G, Snyder R, Weniger BG. Frequency and causes of vaccine wastage. Vaccine 2002;20:1148-1156.
2002 Textbook Publication
- Chen RT, Vitek C. Diphtheria. In Encyclopedia of Science and Technology. New York: McGraw_Hill, 9th edition. 2002.
2002 CDC Publications
- CDC. Yellow Fever Vaccine: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR 2002;51(RR-17);1-10.
- CDC. Adverse Events Associated with 17D-Derived Yellow Fever Vaccination—United States, 2001–2002. MMWR 2002;51:989-993.
- CDC. General recommendations on immunization: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) [sections on jet injection and occupational safety regulations]. MMWR, 2002;51(RR-2):12-13,15.