Heart Disease, Stroke, or Other Cardiovascular Disease and Adult Vaccination
Vaccines are especially critical for people with health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, or other cardiovascular disease.
If you have heart disease, stroke, or other cardiovascular disease, talk with your doctor about:
- Influenza vaccine each year to protect against seasonal flu
- Tdap vaccine to protect against whooping cough and tetanus
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine to protect against pneumonia and other pneumococcal disease
- Zoster vaccine to protect against shingles if you are 60 years and older
- HPV vaccine series to protect against human papillomavirus if you are a woman up to age 26 and a man up to age 21
- MMR vaccine to protect against measles, mumps, and rubella if you were born in 1957 or after and have not gotten this vaccine or have immunity to these diseases
- Varicella vaccine to protect against chickenpox if you were born in 1980 or after and have not gotten two doses of this vaccine or have immunity to this disease
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.