Streptococcus Laboratory Protocols
- emm typing
- PCR deduction of pneumococcal serotypes including identification of pneumococcal serotypes from nasopharynx using culture and PCR (UPDATED Feb 2014)
- Identification of other Streptococcal species
- Alternative MLST primers for S. pyogenes and S. pneumoniae. Also primers for an S. dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilis and S. canis MLST scheme (Updated Jan 2009)
- Real Time PCR Target (UPDATED Feb 2014)
- TaqMan Template - S. pyogenes [1 page] (Updated Sept 2010)
- TaqMan Template - S. pneumoniae [1 page] (UPDATED Feb 2014)
Inquiries about Streptococcus Laboratory protocols should be directed to Bernard Beall (404-639-1237 -- BBeall@cdc.gov).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.