STD Prevention Courses
- Passport to Partner Services for Medical Providers and Referring Providers - Free CME, CNE, and CHES credits are available.
- Clinical and Laboratory Training provided by the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers (PTCs)
- Online Case Series - Web-based training, provided by the PTCs, in an interactive case study format. Designed for clinicians who provide care for STD patients. Free continuing education credits are available.
Behavioral Intervention Courses
- Behavioral Intervention Training - Provided by the PTCs, courses are designed to develop skills and strategies to prevent or reduce behaviors that place persons at risk for STD or HIV infections.
Public Health Program Support Courses
Partner Services Provider (PSP) Courses:
- Principles of STD Supervision
- STD Intervention for Supervisors (STDIS)
- Essentials of STD Supervision I
What is the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers?
The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers (PTCs) is a CDC-funded group of regional centers created in partnership with health departments and universities. The PTCs are dedicated to increasing the knowledge and skills of health professionals in the areas of sexual and reproductive health. The National Network provides health professionals with a spectrum of state-of-the-art educational opportunities, including experiential learning with an emphasis on prevention.
The STD/HIV Prevention Training Center flyer provides regional coverage areas and contact information for each PTC. Please visit the PTC web site for more detailed information about the types of training the PTCs provide.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30329-4027
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO