Grantee Highlights—Success Stories from the Field
The PHHS Block Grant Program has a successful history of providing flexible funding to 50 states, 2 American Indian tribes, 8 U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia. Grantees address public health concerns through evidence-based interventions, reducing risk factors, and promoting social, environmental, policy, and system approaches. These success stories show how states supplement existing programs, respond rapidly to crises, start new programs, and provide funds where no other government funds exist. See all success stories and grantee funding profiles below.
From clinical services to chronic diseases, learn more about how PHHS Block Grant funds are making a difference in communities across the United States and its territories. Please click on the story titles below to select and view past grantee success stories.
- Ebola Information Flows 24/7 Via the California Health Alert Network (2015) [PDF - 665KB]
- Achieving a Healthy Weight...Say Yes to Water [PDF - 744KB]
- Making Healthy Choices Easier [PDF - 613KB]
- Smoke-Free Program Blends Faith and Healthy Lifestyle [PDF - 536KB]
- Page last reviewed: March 3, 2016
- Page last updated: March 3, 2016
- Content source: