Sample PedNSS Table
2002 Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance (1)
Comparison of Growth and Anemia Indicators by County
Children Aged < 5 Years (2)
(1) Reporting period is January 1 through
(2) Analyses based on one record per child.
(3) Excludes records with unknown data or errors.
(4) Rank compares this county's rate to other counties. Rank 1 = best rate.
(5) Infants born during the reporting period included in the analysis.
(6) Based on 2000 CDC growth chart percentiles for length-for-age for children under 2 years of age and height-for-age for children 2 years of age and older.
(7) Based on 2000 CDC growth chart percentiles for weight-for-length for children under 2 years of age and BMI-for-age for children 2 years of age and older. 85th - < 95th percentile category identifies children that are overweight.
(8) Based on 1998 CDC MMWR, ''Recommendations to Prevent and Control Iron Deficiency in the United States'', altitude adjusted, children 6 months of age and older included in the analysis.
(9) One or More Low/High Health Indicators includes percent of children with one or more of these abnormal health indicators: LBW, HBW, short stature, underweight, overweight, obesity, or anemia. Children with more than one low/high health indicators are counted only once in the total percent. If any one expected growth or anemia indicator is missing, the percent of children with one or more low/high health indicators is not calculated. Not calculated if one or more health indicators are missing data.
* Percentages and ranks are not calculated if < 100 records are available for analysis after exclusions.