Sample PedNSS Table
2002 Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance (1)
Summary of Breastfeeding Indicators
Children Aged < 5 Years (2)
(1) Reporting period is January 1 through
(2) Analyses based on one record per child.
(3) Excludes records with unknown data or errors.
(4) Infants born during the reporting period included in the Ever Breastfed analysis. For each breastfeding duration category, the analysis includes only children who turned that
age during the reporting period by/on their date of visit. For example, infants who turned 9 months old during the reporting period by/on their date of visit are included in the 9+
(5) It is possible the analysis will show that slightly more infants are breastfed at older ages, e.g. 1+ week of age, than at younger ages, e.g. at birth (ever breastfed), due to
variation in infants included in each breastfeeding analysis category.
* Percentages are not calculated if < 100 records are available for analysis after exclusions.