Sample PedNSS Table
2002 Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance (1)
Summary of Trends in Growth and Anemia Indicators by Race/Ethnicity
Children Aged < 5 Years (2)
(1) Reporting period is January 1 through
(2) Analyses based on one record per child.
(3) Excludes records with unknown data or errors.
(4) Infants born during the reporting period included in the analysis.
(5) Based on 2000 CDC growth chart percentiles for length-for-age for children under 2 years of age and height-for-age for children 2 years of age and older.
(6) Based on 2000 CDC growth chart percentiles for weight-for-length for children under 2 years of age and BMI-for-age for children 2 years of age and older. 85th - < 95th percentile category identifies children that are overweight.
(7) Based on 1998 CDC MMWR, "Recommendations to Prevent and Control Iron Deficiency in the United States", altitude adjusted, children 6 months of age and older included in the analysis.
* Percentages are not calculated if < 100 records are available for analysis after exclusions.