2011 Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance(1)
Summary of Breastfeeding Indicators
Children Aged Less Than 5 years (2)
|Summary of Breastfeeding Indicators (3)|
|Breastfeeding Duration (4,5)|
|Breastfed 1 or More Weeks||1,222,374||
|Breastfed 2 or More Weeks||923,985||
|Breastfed 3 or More Weeks||761,949||
|Breastfed 4 or More Weeks||678,931||
|Breastfed 6 or More Weeks||595,462||
|Breastfed 2 or More Months||578,716||
|Breastfed 3 or More Months||629,168||
|Breastfed 4 or More Months||709,318||
|Breastfed 5 or More Months||792,713||
|Breastfed 6 or More Months||818,127||
|Breastfed 9 or More Months||875,714||
|Breastfed 12 or More Months||939,360||
|Breastfed 18 or More Months||706,832||
|Exclusive Breastfeeding (6)|
|Exclusively Breastfed at Least 3 Months||428,438||
|Exclusively Breastfed at Least 6 Months||527,574||
|(1) Reporting period is January 1 through December 31.
(2) Analyses based on one record per child.
(3) Excludes records with unknown data or errors.
(4) Infants born during the reporting period included in the Ever Breastfed analysis. For each breastfeding duration category, the analysis includes only children who turned that age during the reporting period by/on their date of visit. For example, infants who turned 9 months old during the reporting period by/on their date of visit are included in the 9+ months analysis.
(5) It is possible the analysis will show that slightly more infants are breastfed at older ages, e.g. 1+ week of age, than at younger ages, e.g. at birth (ever breastfed), due to variation in infants included in each breastfeeding analysis category.
(6) The analysis includes infants who were ever breastfed and who turned that age during the reporting period by/on their date of visit.
* Percentages are not calculated if < 100 records are available for analysis after exclusions.