- Klion AD, Massougbodji A, Sadeler B, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Loiasis in endemic and non-endemic populations: immunologically mediated differences in clinical presentation. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1991; 163: 1318–25.
- Gobbi F, Postiglione C, Angheben A, Marocco S, Monteiro G, Buonfrate D, Mascarello M, Gobbo M, Boussinesq M, Bisoffi Z. Imported loiasis in Italy: An analysis of 100 cases. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease 2014 (in press).
- Klion AD, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Effectiveness of diethylcarbamazine in treating loiasis acquired by expatriate visitors to endemic regions: long-term follow-up. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1994; 169:604–10.
- Nutman TB, Miller KD, Mulligan M, Reinhardt GN, Currie BJ, Steel C, Ottesen EA. Diethylcarbamazine prophylaxis for human loiasis. New England Journal of Medicine 1988; 319: 752–6.
- Boussinesq M, Gardon J, Gardon-Wendel N, Chippaux J. Clinical picture, epidemiology and outcome of Loa-associated serious adverse events related to mass ivermectin treatment of onchocerciasis in Cameroon. Filaria Journal 2003; 2(Suppl 1): s4.
- Burbelo PD, Ramanathan R, Klion AD, Iadarola MJ, and Nutman TB. Rapid, novel, specific high-throughput assay for diagnosis of Loa loa infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 2298–2304.
- Page last reviewed: January 20, 2015
- Page last updated: January 20, 2015
- Content source:
- Global Health - Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.