Klion AD, Massougbodji A, Sadeler B, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Loiasis in endemic and non-endemic populations: immunologically mediated differences in clinical presentation. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1991; 163: 1318–25.
- Padgett JJ, Jacobsen KH. Loiasis: African eye worm. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2008; 102: 983–89.
- Boussinesq M. Loiasis. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 2006; 100: 715–31.
- Klion A. Loiasis. In Hunter's Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition, 2000. Editor: G. Thomas Strickland. pp. 754–56.
- Lipner EM, Law MA, Barnett E, Keystone JS, von Sonnenburg F, Loutan L, Prevots DR, Klion AD, Nutman TB. Filariasis in travelers presenting to the GeoSentinel Surveillance Network. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2007; 1: e88.
- Nutman TB, Miller KD, Mulligan M, Reinhardt GN, Currie BJ, Steel C, Ottesen EA. Diethylcarbamazine prophylaxis for human loiasis. New England Journal of Medicine 1988; 319: 752–6.
- Boussinesq M, Gardon J, Gardon-Wendel N, Chippaux J. Clinical picture, epidemiology and outcome of Loa-associated serious adverse events related to mass ivermectin treatment of onchocerciasis in Cameroon. Filaria Journal 2003; 2(Suppl 1): s4.
- Burbelo PD, Ramanathan R, Klion AD, Iadarola MJ, and Nutman TB. Rapid, novel, specific high-throughput assay for diagnosis of Loa loa infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 2298–2304.