- Padgett JJ, Jacobsen KH. Loiasis: African eye worm. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2008; 102: 983–89.
- Boussinesq M. Loiasis. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 2006; 100: 715–31.
- Lipner EM, Law MA, Barnett E, Keystone JS, von Sonnenburg F, Loutan L, Prevots DR, Klion AD, Nutman TB. Filariasis in travelers presenting to the GeoSentinel Surveillance Network. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2007; 1: e88.
- Klion AD, Massougbodji A, Sadeler B, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Loiasis in endemic and non-endemic populations: immunologically mediated differences in clinical presentation. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1991; 163: 1318–25.
- Gobbi F, Postiglione C, Angheben A, Marocco S, Monteiro G, Buonfrate D, Mascarello M, Gobbo M, Boussinesq M, Bisoffi Z. Imported loiasis in Italy: An analysis of 100 cases. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease 2014 (in press).
- Klion AD, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Effectiveness of diethylcarbamazine in treating loiasis acquired by expatriate visitors to endemic regions: long-term follow-up. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1994; 169:604–10.
- Nutman TB, Miller KD, Mulligan M, Reinhardt GN, Currie BJ, Steel C, Ottesen EA. Diethylcarbamazine prophylaxis for human loiasis. New England Journal of Medicine 1988; 319: 752–6.
- Boussinesq M, Gardon J, Gardon-Wendel N, Chippaux J. Clinical picture, epidemiology and outcome of Loa-associated serious adverse events related to mass ivermectin treatment of onchocerciasis in Cameroon. Filaria Journal 2003; 2(Suppl 1): s4.
- Burbelo PD, Ramanathan R, Klion AD, Iadarola MJ, and Nutman TB. Rapid, novel, specific high-throughput assay for diagnosis of Loa loa infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008; 46: 2298–2304.
- Kouam MK, Tchatchueng-Mbougua JB, Demanou M, Boussinesq M, Pion SD, Kamgno J. Impact of repeated ivermectin treatments against onchocerciasis on the transmission of loiasis: an entomologic evaluation in central Cameroon. Parasites and Vectors 2013; 6(1):283. doi: 10.1186/1756-3305-6-283.
- Klion AD1, Massougbodji A, Horton J, Ekoué S, Lanmasso T, Ahouissou NL, Nutman TB. Albendazole in human loiasis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1993; 168(1): 202–6.