Resources for Health Professionals
CDC expert Dr. Allison Brown discusses Acanthamoeba keratitis. She shares four key messages about contact lens safety that eye care providers can give patients and parents of young patients.
Treatment recommendations from The Medical Letter
Patient Education Resources
- CDC, Podcast: Care for Your Contacts: Keeping Eyes Safe
- CDC, Acanthamoeba keratitis Prevention and Control
- CDC, Acanthamoeba keratitis Epidemiology and Risk Factors
- CDC, Vision Health (Including information about common eye disorders)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Proper Care of Contact Lenses
- CDC, Contact Lens Care
- FDA, Consumer Update: Mom, Can I Get Contact Lenses, Please?
- FDA, Contact Lens Care, Demonstration Video [WMV - 2:12]
- FDA, Ensuring Safe Use of Contact Lens Solution [PDF - 2 pages]
- FDA, Focusing on Contact Lens Safety [PDF - 3 pages]
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
Resources for Public Health and Medical Professionals
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers diagnostic assistance to physicians and scientists through DPDx.
More on: Contacting CDC