NIOSH Total Worker HealthTM Affiliate Program
The mission of the NIOSH Total Worker HealthTM Affiliate (Affiliate) Program is to advance greater integration of worker health protection and health promotion through collaborations with public and not-for-profit organizations.
The goals of the Affiliate Program are:
- Increase the visibility, uptake, and impact of Total Worker Health (TWH) to advance the safety, health and well-being of workers.
- Attract new collaborators to enrich and broaden current NIOSH TWH translational research.
- Attract new collaborators to enrich and broaden current NIOSH TWH practice and dissemination efforts.
- Publicly recognize the contributions of the Affiliates to the development and dissemination of TWH research and practice.
Potential Affiliates include:
- academic institutions
- labor organizations
- public sector entities, including Federal, state, or local government agencies
- non-profit associations that are related to occupational safety, health, or health promotion
Potential Affiliates should disclose to NIOSH any significant existing or potential occupational safety and health issues which create or may create an appearance of misalignment with the principles of TWH. This includes investigations or citations by federal, state, or local health, environment, and labor agencies and violations of occupational safety and health regulations or laws.
Affiliates and NIOSH may consider the following as collaborative activities:
- conduct joint research
- develop programs, interventions, and other work-products
- collaborate on seminars, meetings, trainings, and educational events
- create and disseminate publications and other communication products
- cross-promote individual and joint activities
To learn more about the NIOSH TWH Affiliate Program, please see the attached FAQs.
How can my organization become an Affiliate?
Academic, non-profit, and similar parties with an interest in advancing workplace safety, health, and well-being by becoming a NIOSH TWH Affiliate may contact us at email@example.com.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO