PREVENTION THROUGH DESIGN
Safe Nano Design Workshop
Molecule • Manufacturing • Market
Date: August 14–16, 2012
Location: College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering of the University at Albany, Albany, NY
Participants at this workshop will provide input into the safe commercialization of nano products using a Prevention-through-Design approach. Participants will share their knowledge on the efforts to develop safer nano molecules that have the same functionality; process containment and control, based on the considerations of risk of exposure to workers; and the management system approaches for including occupational safety and health into the nanoparticle synthetic process, product development, and product manufacture.
Check back for updates to the agenda. The registration deadline is August 3, 2012.
- D. Heidel, Prevention through Design Program, NIOSH
- C. Geraci, Nanotechnology Research Center, NIOSH
- S. Brenner, College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering (CNSE) of the University at Albany
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact Donna Heidel at 513-533-8489 or DHeidel@cdc.gov
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO