Notice of proposed rulemaking; Reopening of comment period and notice of public meetings: Quality Assurance for Respirators
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Issue Date: March 6, 2009
This notice is intended to clarify the times for the public meetings to be held on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Quality Assurance Requirements for Respirators. Information on how these meetings will be conducted is also included.
Public Meeting Information:
- March 23, 2009, beginning at 8:30 AM, local daylight time, and expected to end by 12:30 PM at the Marriott Inn and Conference Center UMUC; 3501 University Boulevard E.; Adelphi, MD 20783.
- March 30, 2009, beginning at 9:00 AM, local daylight time, and expected to end by 12:30 PM, at the Marriott Los Angeles Airport; 5855 West Century Boulevard; Los Angeles, CA 90045.
The public meetings will be conducted in an informal manner and formal rules of evidence will not apply.
The meetings will be facilitated by a moderator. There will be a sign-up sheet available for those requesting to speak at the site of each meeting. The moderator will make an opening statement; then, interested parties will be invited to speak in the order in which they signed the sheet. Speakers and any other attendees may submit written materials or other articles to NIOSH for inclusion into the rulemaking record. The moderator may limit presentations and exclude irrelevant or unduly repetitious material in order to ensure the progress of the meeting. NIOSH may ask questions of the speakers.
NIOSH will make a transcript of each meeting, and those transcripts will become part of the rulemaking record and posted on the NIOSH Web-site when they become available.
NIOSH will accept written comments and other written information from any interested party, including those who choose not to make an oral statement.
The rulemaking record for these proposed rules will remain open until April 10, 2009.
The following Web-site links are provided as additional information:
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking; Reopening of Comment Period and Notice of Public Meetings; 3/4/09 http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/pdfs/NIOSH-109/0109-030409-FRNotice.pdf
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking; 12/10/08 http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/pdfs/NIOSH-109/0109-121008-frn.pdf
- NIOSH Docket Number 109: Quality Assurance Requirements for Respirators http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/NIOSHdocket0109.html