NPPTL and the University of Pittsburgh’s Epidemiological Global Health Project, the Supercourse
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) is partnering with the University of Pittsburgh’s epidemiological global health project, the Supercourse.
"Supercourse is a repository of lectures on global health and prevention designed to improve the teaching of prevention. Supercourse has a network of over 56000 scientists in 174 countries who are sharing for free a library of 5350 lectures in 31 languages. The Supercourse has been produced at the WHO Collaborating Center University of Pittsburgh..."
~ Supercourse homepage at http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/
Over the next year, a variety of web lessons will be posted featuring many of NPPTL’s important projects and research. This research affects many industries that rely upon personal protective equipment to keep their workers safe and healthy.
- Overview of the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory – This initial lesson explains the organizational structure and mission of NPPTL.
- Overview of NIOSH-Approved Respiratory Protection Devices – This lecture presents an overview of respirators, their components, their protections, and guidelines for their use in industry.
- “Know it’s NIOSH” Respirator Awareness – This lecture will explain how to verify that the N95 respirator you use is NIOSH-Approved.
- “Debunking the Myths of N95 Respirator Use” – This lecture will expose the fallacies behind common myths of N95 respirator use by presenting the science behind the facts.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO