- Bureau of Labor Statistics (Dept. of Labor)
- Census Bureau, Mining Overview
- Chemical Safety
NIOSH page on chemical safety.
- Coal Mine Respirable Dust and Plan Verification
Coal Mine Respirable Dust and Plan Verification Proposed Rules and Single Source Page
- Coal Workers' X-Ray Surveillance Program FAQs
- Diesel Exhaust in Miners Study (DEMS)
A NIOSH & NCI 20-year study to further understand whether breathing in diesel exhaust fumes could lead to lung cancer and other health outcomes.
- Energy Information Administration (Dept. of Energy)
- Mine Safety & Health Administration (Dept. of Labor)
- MSHA Proximity Detection and Collision Warning Single Source Page
- Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
NIOSH topic page on Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
- Northern Territory Department of Mines and Energy
- Occupational Respiratory Disease Surveillance
This NIOSH topic contains information about ongoing collection, analysis, and dissemination of data to monitor the extent and severity of occupationally-related lung disease and related workplace e...
- Occupational Respiratory Disease Surveillance: Coal Workers Health Surveillance Program
NIOSH is studying the causes and consequences of coal-related respiratory disease and, in cooperation with the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), carrying out a program for the early det...
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE)
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) Explosive Regulations
This NIOSH page covers the Coal Workers' X-ray Surveillance Program, the B-Reader Program, and statistics about pneumoconioses and other lung diseases.
This NIOSH Topic Page presents information and links to publications about Silica and Silicosis, and povides information to help workers protect themselves from occupational exposure to Silica.
- Silicosis: Learn the Facts!
This NIOSH web document presents information in an easy to read format describing silica exposures, the effects of silicosis, and methods to protect against silicosis.
- Stress at Work
This is NIOSH's topic page for job stress research.
- Traumatic Occupational Injuries: Electrical Safety
NIOSH electrical safety information and electrocution fatality investigation reports.
- Traumatic Occupational Injuries: Falls from Elevation
NIOSH occupational safety information about falls from elevation.
- American Coal Foundation
- Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- CSIR, South Africa
- CSIRO Australia
- Holmes Safety Association
- International Society of Mine Safety Professionals
- National Mining Association
- National Safety Council
- National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association
- Northwest Mining Association
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Inc.
- United Mine Workers of America
- United States Mine Rescue Association
- Holmes Safety Association Bulletin
- Silicosis: Learn the Facts!
This document presents information in an easy to read format describing silica exposures, the effects of silicosis, and methods to protect against silicosis.
Schools and universities
- Colorado School of Mines
- Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering - University of Nevada
- Mining Educators Website – University of Idaho
- Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology at Montana Tech
- Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology
Penn State University Undergraduate Program in Mining Engineering
- UCLA Ergonomics Website
UCLA ergonomics site provides general information, tips and more.
- University of Arizona Department of Mining and Geological Engineering