NIOSH Mining Visitor Information
The majority of the work in the NIOSH Mining Program's Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (OMSHR) is conducted at two facilities in Pittsburgh, PA and Spokane, WA.
Where are we?
Our Pittsburgh location is in the Bruceton Research Center, a large facility in the suburbs south of downtown Pittsburgh. The site also houses offices for the Mine Safety and Health Administration, the Department of Energy, and the NIOSH National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL).
Directions from Pittsburgh International Airport
If you are using Google, Bing, MapQuest, Smart Phone, or a GPS system to locate the Bruceton Research Center, you can input the longitude and latitude coordinates 40.305074, -79.974973. Or, use these directions:
Visitors must enter the site from the Cochrans Mill Road gate. Upon check-in at this gate, visitors will receive detailed directions to the building or person they are visiting.
Special security information requirements are required for international visitors. Please ask your contact person for the necessary forms and procedures.
Directions from the Spokane International Airport
- From the airport, take Interstate 90 east.
- Take exit 281, and turn left (north) on S. Division Street (U.S. Highway 2)
- After 1.8 miles, turn right (east) on East Montgomery Avenue
- The research center is on the left at 315 E. Montgomery Ave. Enter the building through the center doors. A receptionist will assist you.
This Spokane map shows our location in reference to the Spokane International Airport. It also includes a list of hotels in the area.
- Page last reviewed: 9/2/2015
- Page last updated: 4/3/2013
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program