International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC)
The International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC) summarize essential health and safety information on chemicals for their use at the "shop floor" level by workers and employers in factories, agriculture, construction and other work places.
ICSC summarize health and safety information collected, verified, and peer reviewed by internationally recognized experts, taking into account advice from manufacturers and Poison Control Centres. More about the ICSC.
Important Legal Notice:
Neither the European Commission (CEC) or the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS) nor any person acting on behalf of the CEC or the IPCS is responsible for the use which might be made of this information. These cards contain the collective views of the IPCS Peer Review Committee and may not reflect in all cases all the detailed requirements included in national legislation on the subject. The user should verify compliance of the cards with the relevant legislation in the country of use.
U.S. National Version
The U.S. National version of the ICSC has been modified by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) to include the following:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Permissible Exposure Limits (OSHA PELs).
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Recommended Exposure Limits (NIOSH RELs).
- Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health values (IDLHs)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO