Investigation Update on the Pacific Princess
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Cruise Ship: Pacific Princess
Voyage Dates: 12/15-1/10
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers at the end of the voyage: 50 of 642 (7.79%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew at the end of the voyage: 6 of 369 (1.63%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Princess Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- notified passengers aboard the ship,
- sent daily updates to CDC and until the number of ill people returned to expected levels,
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
VSP staff boarded the ship on January 10th to conduct a targeted environmental health assessment and make recommendations. The ship left the U.S. and is no longer reporting to VSP.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: