Investigation Update on the Island Princess
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Cruise Ship: Island Princess
Voyage Dates: 10/21-11/5/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger: 109 of 1959 (5.56%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 11 of 905 (1.22%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Princess Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- continues to provide daily updates until the number of ill people returns to expected levels,
- submitted stool specimens for analysis.
VSP staff boarded the ship to conduct a targeted environmental health investigation and make recommendations.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: