Investigation Update on the Adventure of the Seas
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Adventure of the Seas
Voyage Dates: 11/5-11/12
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger: 129 of 3260 (3.96%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 1 of 1174 (0.08%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- provided daily updates to VSP and will continue to do so until the number of ill people returns to expected levels,
- submitted stool specimens for analysis.
The number of ill people returned to expected levels on the voyage that ended on 11/18/06.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: