Investigation Update on the Serenade of the Seas
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Serenade of the Seas
Voyage Dates: 10/29-11/11/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 68 of 2023 (3.36%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 9 of 854 (1.05%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- submitted stools specimens for analysis,
- provided daily updates about the illness to VSP until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
The number of ill people returned to expected levels for the voyage that was completed on 12/2/06.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: