Partner Profiles: Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR)
- APHL: Association of Public Health Laboratories
- ASTHO: Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- CSTE: Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- ECOS: Environmental Council of the States
- EPA: Environmental Protection Agency
- NACCHO: National Association of County and City Health Officials
- NASA: National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Earth Science Enterprise
- NCSL: National Conference of State Legislatures
- NEHA: National Environmental Health Association
- PSR: Physicians for Social Responsibility
- SAHSU: Small Area Health Statistics Unit of Imperial College London
- TFAH: Trust for America's Health
Physicians for Social Responsibility’s (PSR’s) Environment and Health Program addresses an array of environmental health issues relevant to health professionals in the United States and around the globe.
PSR brings a critical voice of a growing constituency of health professionals to the forefront of environmental health decision-making by:
- Urging awareness about the emerging links between chronic disease and environmental factors;
- Pressing for policies to curb climate change, ensure clean air, and generate a sustainable energy future;
- Working to minimize toxic pollution of air, food, and drinking water and prevent human exposures to toxic substances;
- Providing health professionals with resources that address the questions the health community has about environmental health; and,
- Bringing health professionals valuable resources for colleagues and patients about our community’s need for a safer, healthier environment.
PSR has created EnviroHealthAction especially for health professionals. EnviroHealthAction is an education and action center that provides an online community for health professionals and others interested in environmental health.
PSR plays a very important role in developing and implementing Environmental Public Health Tracking (EPHT). They are committed to advocating for a national health tracking network. In their role as political advocates for comprehensive health tracking legislation, PSR works with local and county health officials to develop programs that educate health care providers about the relationship between environmental exposures and non-infectious diseases and the need for a health tracking system. They also encourage doctors to understand and advocate for a national health tracking system. PSR also plays an integral role in the Program Marketing and Outreach Workgroup hosted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To see the work that PSR has done, visit:
Please contact PSR directly if you want to develop educational opportunities and programs for health care providers in your region.
Kyle Kinner, JD, MPA
Acting Director of Policy and Programs, Environment and Health
Physicians for Social Responsibility
1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 1012
Washington, D.C. 20009
Phone: (202) 587-5228