Please read the required application materials carefully.
Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact EHInternship@cdc.gov to tell us about your situation.
IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line (with no other characters next to it other than a blank space) of all application materials submitted, including your letters of recommendation; this is your unique identifier.
Please remind the individuals writing your letters of recommendation to also include your email address (with no other characters next to it other than a blank space) in the subject line when submitting their recommendations on your behalf.
- Application: Word [56 KB] | PDF [263 KB].
- Current resume or CV.
- Unofficial transcript or grade report. (An official transcript is required on acceptance into the program.)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a faculty member): Word [50 KB] | PDF [74 KB].
- Essay 1: Describe one important environmental public health issue that interests you, and discuss how your coursework reflects this interest. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for this internship program? Include extracurricular activities, leadership activities, awards and honors, travel, and past internships or fellowships. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
- All finalists will be interviewed by telephone.
- Demographic information form (optional): Word [26 KB] | PDF [79 KB]
- Send all application materials to email@example.com
- Application deadline: Wednesday, February 12, 2014.
- Notification of selection status: Friday, February 28, 2014.
- Acceptance and initiation of paperwork: Friday, March 7, 2014.
- Internship: Wednesday, June 11, to Friday, August 15, 2014.