Please read the required application materials carefully. All application materials are due by February 12, 2014.
Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact EHInternship@cdc.gov to tell us about your situation.
IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line (with no other characters next to it other than a blank space) of all application materials submitted, including your letters of recommendation; this is your unique identifier.
Please remind the individuals writing your letters of recommendation to also include your email address (with no other characters next to it other than a blank space) in the subject line when submitting their recommendations on your behalf.
- Application: Word [56 KB] | PDF [263 KB].
- Current resume or CV.
- Unofficial transcript or grade report. (An official transcript is required on acceptance into the program.)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a faculty member): Word [50 KB] | PDF [74 KB].
- Essay 1: Describe one important environmental public health issue that interests you, and discuss how your coursework reflects this interest. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for this internship program? Include extracurricular activities, leadership activities, awards and honors, travel, and past internships or fellowships. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
- All finalists will be interviewed by telephone.
- Demographic information form (optional): Word [26 KB] | PDF [79 KB]
- Send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: Wednesday, February 12, 2014.
- Notification of selection status: Friday, February 28, 2014.
- Acceptance and initiation of paperwork: Friday, March 7, 2014.
- Internship: Wednesday, June 11, to Friday, August 15, 2014.