Fact Sheets and Publications
MMWR Notes from the Field
- Notes from the Field: Exposures to Discarded Sulfur Mustard Munitions — Mid-Atlantic and New England States 2004–2012. MMWR. 2013; 62(16):315-6.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emergency room procedures in chemical hazard emergencies.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Final recommendations for protecting human health from potential adverse effects of exposure to agents GA (tabun), GB (sarin), and VX. Fed Reg. 2003;68(196):58348-51.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim Recommendations for Airborne Exposure Limits for Chemical Warfare Agents H and HD (Sulfur Mustard). Fed Reg. 2004;69(85):24164-8.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Final recommendations for protecting the health and safety against potential adverse effects of long-term exposure to low doses of agents: GA, BV, VX, mustard agent (H, HD, Y), and Lewisite (L). Fed Reg. 1988. Note: Recommendations for GA, VX, H, and HD were updated in 2003 and 2004 (see above). The recommendations for Lewisite (L) have not changed. They are under review.
- Rogers HW. Incinerator air emissions: inhalation exposure perspectives. J Environ Health. 1995;58(5):22-15.
- Ruiz P, Begluitti G, Tincher T, Wheeler J, Mumtaz M. Prediction of acute mammalian toxicity using QSAR methods: a case study of sulfur mustard and its breakdown products. Molecules. 2012;17(8):8982-9001.
Safe disposal of chemical weapons: interview with Harvey Rogers, 1997 [provided for historical reference only].
- Elimination of Chemical Weapons: CDC's Role
- History of U.S. Chemical Weapons Elimination
- Methods Used to Destroy Chemical Warfare Agents
- Offsite Shipment of Secondary Waste and Hydrolysate
- Worker Protection
- Engineering Controls
- Closing U.S. Chemical Warfare Agent Disposal Facilities
- CDC Participation in the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program
CDC Recommendations to the U.S. Army for Protecting Public Health During Chemical Weapons Elimination: Annual Report, Fiscal Year 2010
Review of the Revised Plan for Off-site Treatment of Newport Chemical Agent Disposal Facility's Caustic VX Hydrolysate at DuPont Secure Environmental Treatment Facility in Deepwater, New Jersey: A Report to Congress, 2006
Review of the U.S. Army Proposal for Off-site Treatment and Disposal of Caustic VX Hydrolysate from the Newport Chemical Agent Disposal Facility: A Report to Congress, 2005
Technical Investigation Report: Release of GB at the Tooele Chemical Agent Disposal Facility (TOCDF) on May 8-9, 2000
Anniston Chemical Disposal Facility
Blue Grass Army Depot
Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant
Chemical Agent Identification Set
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Army Chemical Materials Activity
Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program
Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation
Deseret Chemical Depot
explosive destruction system
integrated process team
immediate response zone
Joint Information Center
Non-Stockpile Chemical Materiel Project
Pine Bluff Arsenal
Pine Bluff Chemical Disposal Facility
Pueblo Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant
PCD Pueblo Chemical Depot
Public Information Officers
Tooele Chemical Disposal Facility
Umatilla Chemical Depot
Umatilla Chemical Disposal Facility