Health Education Materials List
The following health education materials were offered to CDC employees upon request as part of the TFC initiative. All employees were offered the materials contained in the basic packet. These materials were deemed suitable for a general audience. The supplemental brochures are tailored to a specific audience or are available only in limited quantities and were provided when appropriate.
- You Can Quit Smoking. Support and Advice from Your Clinician. Rockville, MD: U.S. Public Health Service, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Available at http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/tobacco/clinicians/tearsheets/support/ (tear sheets, available in English and Spanish)
- Smoking Facts and Tips for Quitting (NCI P161)
- Why Do You Smoke? (NCI P145)
- Guia para Dejar de Fumar: No Lodeje para Manana, Deje de Fumar Hoy (NCI P157)
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco (CDC 4084)
- Clearing the Air: Quit Smoking Today (NCI P133)
Posters for Clinic Settings
- Within 20 Minutes of Quitting… (CDC 7863)
- The Benefits of Quitting (CDC 7865)
CDC materials can be ordered online at http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/osh_pub_catalog/PublicationList.aspx. All NCI materials can be ordered by calling 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237) or online at http://cancer.gov/publications.