Growth Chart Training
This training offers a set of self-directed, interactive training modules for health care professionals using the pediatric growth charts in clinical and public health settings to assess growth of infants, children, and adolescents. The training module, Using the WHO Growth Charts to Assess Growth in the United States Among Children Ages Birth to 2 years, was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to train health care providers on how to use the World Health Organization (WHO) growth standards to assess growth among infants and young children. Training modules for the CDC Growth Charts were developed by the CDC and HRSA's Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB).
The overall purpose of the modular training is to provide health care professionals in the United States with expertise on using and interpreting the growth charts.
The Training Modules include:
- Using the WHO Growth Charts to Assess Growth in the United States Among Children Ages Birth to 2 years
- Overview of the CDC Growth Charts
- Using the BMI-for-age Growth Charts
- Overweight Children and Adolescents: Recommendations to Screen, Assess and Manage
The Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) Modules include:
- Accurate Measuring, Equipment and Techniques
- Using the Growth Charts with Various Populations such as Adolescents, Children with Special Needs and Others
- CDC Growth Charts 2000 Slide Set
- Use and Interpretation of the CDC Growth Charts
- Tools to Calculate BMI
- Software Tools