- Bleeding Disorders - Signs of bleeding disorders in women.
- Women and Bleeding Disorders - Living with von Willebrand Disease.
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding? - Watch this video to learn the signs of von Willebrand disease.
- ACOG Committee Opinion - Read Committee Opinion on von Willebrand disease in women.
- Bleeding Disorders in Women - Heavy blood flow during menstrual periods can be a sign of a bleeding disorder.
Von Willebrand disease (VWD) is an under-diagnosed blood disorder in which the blood does not clot properly. Although there is no cure for VWD, treatment can control symptoms and help people avoid problems.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO