- CDC’s New Muscular Dystrophy Research - CDC’s Muscular Dystrophy Surveillance Tracking and Research Network is the only population-based muscular dystrophy tracking program in the US.
- My Story - Real stories from people living with muscular dystrophy.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association - Resources for neuromuscular diseases.
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy - This program collects information that will improve the care for people living with muscular dystrophy.
Muscular dystrophies are a group of genetic disorders that result in muscle weakness over time. Each type of muscular dystrophy is different from the others. It is important to get help as early as possible. Muscular dystrophy has no cure, but acting early may help an individual with muscular dystrophy get the services and treatments he or she needs to lead a full life.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Human Development and Disability
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO