Information for Partners
To help increase education, awareness, and research about hearing loss, we partner with many organizations, professionals, and other individuals in these efforts.
Every year, the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) National Conference brings together a wide variety of attendees including those who:
- Work in state EHDI programs
- Assist in EHDI efforts on the federal level
- Provide screening, diagnostic and early intervention support at the national, state and local levels to young children with hearing loss and their families
- Champion Medical Home activities within each state
- Are parents of children with hearing loss
- Are deaf or hard-of-hearing adults who are helping to expand opportunities for young children with hearing loss
Upcoming Conference – Save the Date!
May is Better Hearing and Speech Month
Better Hearing and Speech Month is observed every May to raise awareness about hearing loss and other communication disorders. Many organizations plan activities during the month to promote screenings and communication options. Learn more from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Better Hearing and Speech Month webpage.
Get Involved and Spread the Word!
Link Your Website to Ours
For your convenience, we have provided the following graphic and linking description for you to post on your website.
Copy and paste the code on your site.
Listen to These Podcasts and PSAs and Share Them with Others
- Podcast: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention: Can Your Baby Hear?
- Podcast: Detección auditiva e intervención tempranas: ¿puede oír su bebé?
- PSA: La evaluación de la audición en los recién nacidos es importante para su desarrollo (Newborn Hearing Screening Is Important for Development)
View, print, and order brochures, including:
- Questions You May Want to Ask Your Child’s Audiologist
- Just in Time for Pediatric Primary Care Providers
- Guía para padres sobre la genética y la pérdida auditiva
- A Parent’s Guide to Hearing Loss CD ROM
- And more…
Links to Other Websites
Friends of National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
The Friends of National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities is a coalition of government and private sector organizations who work together to enhance the mission and activities of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities. If you would like to become a partner and receive the newsletter, email updates, and other information, please visit the Friends of NCBDDD website.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Hearing Loss Team
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO