Hearing Loss in Children
Information About Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) State Programs
This page has information for EHDI programs.
State & Territories Profiles
The State and Territorial Profile includes information about legislation, guidelines, grants and available educational materials.
Annual State Data
Find the contact information, including websites, for EHDI funded and non-funded states and territories.
Please consider sharing your experience with one of these national advisory groups helping shape services for families and professionals.
CDC EHDI Staff
Funded Research Projects
Free Materials for Patients
View, print, and order brochures to give to patients, including:
- Questions You May Want to Ask Your Child’s Audiologist
- Just in Time for Pediatric Primary Care Providers
- Guía para padres sobre la genética y la pérdida auditiva
- A Parent’s Guide to Hearing Loss CD ROM
- And more…
Conferences & Meetings
Every year, the EHDI National Conference brings together a wide variety of attendees including those who:
- Work in state EHDI programs
- Assist in EHDI efforts on the federal level
- Provide screening, diagnostic and early intervention support at the national, state and local level to young children with hearing loss and their families
- Champion Medical Home activities within each state
- Are parents of children with hearing loss
- Are deaf or hard-of-hearing adults who are helping to expand opportunities for young children with hearing loss
Upcoming Conference – Save the Date!
12th ANNUAL EARLY HEARING DETECTION & INTERVENTION MEETING
April 14 - 16, 2013, Glendale, AZ
Teleconferences and Transcripts
These teleconferences are usually held bimonthly on the fourth Thursday of February, April, June, August, October and December unless otherwise announced. The conferences:
- Start at 4:00 PM Eastern
- Serve as a forum to discuss and share EHDI issues, ideas and activities with people working in fields related to newborn screening
- Provide toll-free audio and web access to all participants and free captioning services by request.
Public Health Grand Rounds
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Hearing Loss Team
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
New Hours of Operation