FASD Competency-Based Curriculum Development Guide for Medical and Allied Health Education and Practice
Announcing the availability of a new teaching tool for medical and allied health students and practitioners!
The FASD Competency-Based Curriculum Development Guide for Medical and Allied Health Education and Practice is designed to improve prevention, identification, and management of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) and can be used to develop educational programs and materials in a range of formats based on the needs of learners.
Order copies of the FASD Curriculum Development Guide.
The curriculum guide covers the following seven competencies for learning:
- Screening and Brief Interventions
- Models of Addiction
- Biological Effects of Alcohol on the Fetus
- Screening, Diagnosis, and Assessment of FAS
- Treatment Across the Lifespan for Persons with FASDs
- Ethical, Legal, and Policy Issues
FASD Regional Training Centers
To learn more about the FASD Regional Training Centers and their work, click here.
For additional resources such as case studies and sample teaching tools, visit the FASD Regional Training Centers:
*These sites continue to offer resources
- Page last reviewed: April 21, 2014
- Page last updated: April 21, 2014
- Content source: